home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery

Return to www.wheddoncross.org.uk

    Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 17th April 2018 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall


Update on the current situation regarding the Parish Magazine: Nick Daniel 

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for Absence 
  3. Declarations of interest
  4. To approve the minutes of the meetings held on 20th March and any matters arising
  5. 5.1 Planning Applications:    5.2 Other Planning Matters
  6. To consider highways, transport matters and related items including Clerk’s report on SIDS
  7. Update on the Wheddon Cross Toilets
  8. 8.1 Retrospective agreement to pay £200 for trailer hire for Snowdrop Valley 8.2 Retrospective agreement for payment to Southern Electric £26.18 (standing charge at WX toilets) 8.3 To pay the Moorland Hall £11 for February and £11 for March room hire 8.4 To pay Eagle Plant £31.68 for March Heras fencing hire  8.5 To pay Somerset County Council £341 for the Snowdrop Valley road closure 8.6 Retrospective agreement for additional SV Workers’ Wages (£103.40) 8.7 To pay the Inland Revenue SV tax due (£16.60)
  9. 9       Correspondence and meetings

9.1    Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended
9.2    Councillors’ reports on meetings and correspondence
10     Items for the next Agenda           

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 17th April 2018 at the Moorland Hall
Present: Councillors John Anson, Vivian White, Roger Webber, Eric Norman, John Davis, Eric Clarbull, Parish Clerk Marlene Allinson, County Cllr Frances Nicholson,
West Somerset Councillor Steven Pugsley and two parishioners.
Parish Magazine: Nick Daniel gave an update on the relaunched Parish Magazine which is being run by an editorial team headed by the Reverend David Weir. Each Parish Council is to decide how they charge for their magazine, if at all, but a cover price of 50p will be put on future magazines as a guide. The Chairman thanked Nick and the team for all their hard work.
249.1   Public Question Time: review of the Clerk’s salary and conditions: this has been deferred due to holidays.
249.2   Apologies for Absence: Cllr Linda Atkins.
249.3   Declarations of Interest:


Agenda Item

Nature of Interest

Description of Interest

Action Taken







Chairman of Moorland Hall
Moorland Hall






Trailer Owner


249.4   Minutes: The Minutes of the meeting held on the 20th March were approved and signed as a true record. Matters Arising: 248.9.1: Airband have completed a second survey of The Moorland Hall and found it suitable for their free broadband: Cllr Clarbull is progressing.
249.5   249.5.1 Planning Applications: none 249.5.2 Other Planning Matters: none.
249.6   Highways: Draper’s Way: Co Cllr Nicholson gave an update on the proposed works which will entail a full road closure for 6/8 weeks around October, includes reinforcement of the bridge parapet and tree works. Cllr Anson has contacted local residents to see how disruption can be minimized. Road Signs: Cllr Webber stressed that the positioning to indicate road closures and diversions needs improvement: Co Cllr Nicholson thought that the compilation of a database of suitable positions would be useful. Potholes on B3224 just before Kennisham Wood: Cllr Anson to report to Highways. Dog Fouling Signs: the Clerk agreed to produce some new ones. SIDS Report: The Clerk circulated her report to all present: this outlined the current options (copy filed with these minutes): it was agreed to adopt her suggestion of setting up a working party to move things forward: Cllrs Clarbull and Norman agreed to do this. The Clerk to ask Highways if the 106 money remaining from the housing development may be spent on a SID for Cutcombe.
249.7   Wheddon Cross Toilets: The Clerk read out Cllr Atkins’ report on the toilets and added that the mosaic and the roof have also now been cleaned and the requisite insurance is in place. On the advice of the building inspector there will not be rails on the ramp leading up to the disabled toilet. The overhanging tree: WS Cllr Pugsley agreed to find out if there is a cost involved in getting this assessed for safety.
249.8   Finance: 8.1 It was agreed to pay £200 retrospectively to John Davis for trailer hire during the Snowdrop Valley Park and Ride Scheme 8.2 Agreed to pay £26.18 to Southern Electric (retrospective) for standing charge at the WX toilets 8.3 Agreed to pay the Moorland Hall £11 for February and £11 for March room hire 8.4 Agreed to pay Eagle Plant £31.68 for March Heras fencing hire and their final invoice for £31.20 to end of hire 8.5 Agreed to pay £341 to Somerset County Council for road closure for Snowdrop Valley: ENPA has agreed to reimburse Cutcombe PC for this cost 8.6 Agreed to pay additional SV wages of £103.40 8.7 Agreed to pay Inland Revenue tax due of £16.60 (these last two items due to an error in pay rate at the initial payment stage)
249.9 Correspondence and Meetings: 249.9.1 The Clerk reported that her letter to The West Somerset Free Press thanking all those involved in the Snowdrop Valley Park and Ride Scheme had been published. 249.9.2 Cllr White reported on a meeting at ENPA which included the leaving of David Wyborn, Chief Planner. Co Cllr Nicholson reported on Adult Social Services including the Micro Provider Scheme and Developed Transfer Care. WS Cllr Pugsley reported that the Secretary of State has agreed that the West Somerset/Taunton Deane merger can go ahead, there will be significant ward changes.
249.10 Items for the Next Agenda: none.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.55 pm.

The next meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be The Annual Parish Council Meeting (at which a new Chairman and Vice-Chairman are elected for the coming year) to be held on Tuesday 15th May 2018 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

All are welcome to all meetings

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.
Marlene P Allinson, Parish Clerk

2017 Archve 2016 Archive 2015 Archive
2008 2009 Archive 2006 2007 Archive Annual Parish Meetings February 2018 March 2018 June 2018
July 2018 August 2018 September 2018 October 2018 November 2018  

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002