home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



Return to www.wheddoncross.org.uk

Notice of the Ordinary Council Meeting – Tuesday 16 April 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

All Council Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Councillors, You are summoned to the Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 16 April 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall.

AGENDA

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for Absence
  3. Declarations of interest
  4. To approve the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 19 March 2019, and any matters arising from the meeting
  5. Reports from District and County Councillors
  6. To consider Highways and transport matters
  7. Planning Applications:
    1. Business Unit at Former Toilets, Wheddon Cross 6/8/19/102 – Proposed variation of condition 4.
    2. Other Planning Matters
  8. Finance:
    1. To consider report from Finance Working Group
    2. To consider online banking
    3. To appoint an Internal Auditor
    4. To agree to pay Cllr Davis £200 for trailer hire (from Snowdrop Valley account)
    5. To agree to pay Moorland Hall £33.75 for room hire for March
  9. To review Clerk’s performance and salary
  10. To consider a proposed letter to Marcus Capel – former head of Cutcombe School
  11. To consider writing to Bruce Lang – retiring Monitoring Officer
  12. To discuss the Annual Parish Council meeting agenda (7 May 2019)
  13. Correspondence and meetings
    1. Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended
    2. Councillors report on correspondence received and meetings attended
  14. Items for the next Agenda

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 7 May 2019 Annual Parish Council meeting, and Tuesday 21 May 2019

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.    

 

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
10 April 2019

Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 16th April 2019 at the Moorland Hall

Present: Councillors John Anson (Chairman), Linda Atkins, Eric Clarbull, John Davis, Eric Norman, Roger Webber, Vivian White, Co Cllr Frances Nicholson (part of meeting), WS Councillor Steven Puglsey (part of meeting), Parish Clerk Nic Kemp, and one parishioner.

263.1   Public Question Time: Items raised – (i) Following the Moving Works Operative training, the certification card had not yet been received.
(ii) Timberscombe have shown an interest in hiring the SIDS device.
Clerk to follow up on (i).
            Process for the parish to hire out the equipment (ii) to be discussed at future meeting.

263.2   Apologies for Absence: None.

263.3   Declarations of Interest:
            Cllr Clarbull     – Item 8.5 – Personal – Chairman of Moorland Hall
Cllr Davis        – Item 8.4 – Personal – Payee
            Cllr Anson       – Item 8.5 – Personal – Trustee of Moorland Hall

263.4   Minutes of the previous meeting:  The minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 19th March 2019 were approved as a true record.  Matters arising:  Clerk advised 16 May am was provisional date for meeting at Long Lane, awaiting confirmation from ENPA rep.  Clerk advised company had agreed to pay for repair to War Memorial, and to deposit directly into parish bank account.  Instruction had been given to Mr Davies to commence repair.  Popery Lane – no update, Clerk to follow up with Cllr Nicholson.

263.6   Reports on Highways and Transport matters: Taken out of order while awaiting the arrival of Cllrs Nicholson and Pugsley.  Resurfacing works planned on both B3224 and road to Dulverton.  Some white line and cats eye repair works completed.  Further white lines works needed on road from Taunton as lines very worn. Area outside Garage House next to shop very pot holed.  Clerk to write to agents to request liability be investigated and suggest repairs be undertaken.

Cllrs Nicholson and Pugsley arrived.

263.5   Reports from District Councillor: Cllr Nicholson confirmed proposed date of meeting at Long Lane, pending reply from ENPA.  Has queried other alternatives to stopping lane.  Cllr Webber re-iterated concern over who will be responsible for clearing of debris washed down if Long Lane is downgraded.  Cllr Nicholson confirmed she has not yet been in touch with parishioner re Popery Lane, but will do so.  Agrees that OS maps show as yellow which indicates road, but Highways records surpass OS.  Still awaiting decision on bins, bags, and salting – hoping will all be re-instated.
            Cllr Pugsley confirmed District Council was in transition from WSDC and TDC to new SWTC.  Most Parish elections were uncontested.  ENPA Representative elections will include a Hustings at Exford village hall on 29th May at 7pm.  Nominations close 28th May, ballot closes 18th June.  Clerk has not yet received information from SALC (due 15 April).  Cllr Pugsley advised that the responsibility for the process of replacing a parish rep who has stepped down/retired during the term of office is for the parishes to review and decide.  The National Park report is due out Autumn 2019.
            Cllr Pugsley thanked Cutcombe for their support, as this may be his last meeting.
Cllr Anson thanks Cllrs Nicholson and Pugsley.

263.7   Planning Applications:
263.7.1 – Business Unit at Former Toilets, Wheddon Cross 6/8/19/102 – Proposed variation of Condition 4.  Cllr Webber proposed (Cllr Clarbull sec) supporting the application.  Unanimously agreed
263.7.2 – Other Planning Matters – Provisional site meeting arranged for 25 April (awaiting confirmation) for Allercott Farm re planning application 6/8/19/101- Proposed area for storing timber and associated equipment. Retrospective.  Cllrs Anson and Webber will represent Parish Council at the site visit.
Cllrs Nicholson and Pugsley left the meeting.

263.8   Finance:
263.8.1 – Report from Finance Working Group.  Cllr Webber proposed that the whole council look into ideas to increase spending to benefit parish locally after the elections.  Cllr Anson advised the finances were healthy and the precept had not been increased for 2019/20.
263.8.2 – Online Banking.  It was agreed that the Council is unanimously in favour of moving towards online banking.  Clerk advised that NatWest were not able to offer two authorisations to release payments, so will investigate alternative banks, and the Financial Regulations will need updating to reflect the new process.  To be reviewed after 6 months.
263.8.3 – Internal Auditor.  Cllr Clarbull prop (Cllr White sec) appointing Dave Williams as Internal Auditor
263.8.4 – It was agreed to pay Cllr Davis £200 for trailer hire from Snowdrop Valley account
263.8.5 – It was agreed to pay the Moorland Hall £33.75 for March room hire
Cllr White gave a short update on the Affordable Housing Working Group which is reviewing the land highlighted during the initial stage.  There will follow a consultation for pre-planning in June.  Cllr White also queried whether the Council would consider managing the operational funds for the AHWG.  To be considered at a Finance meeting.   

263.9   Review of Clerk’s Performance and Salary: The Clerk and Parishioner left the room.  The Clerk was invited back following the discussion.  Cllr Anson gave feedback on Clerk’s performance and will write to confirm the Council’s decision on new rate of pay.  Clerk thanked all Councillors for their support while learning the role.

263.10 Letter to Marcus Capel: It was agreed to send the drafted letter.  Clerk to prepare, to be sent from Cllr Anson.

263.11 Letter to Bruce Lang: It was agreed that the Clerk would draft a letter to be sent from Cllr Anson.

263.12 Annual Parish Meeting Agenda: Clerk to ensure book from 1895 available to be signed by new councillors.  Clerk to produce list of current portfolio holders to be reviewed at meeting.  Meeting to include only required items – Clerk to review previous agendas.

263.13 Correspondence and Meetings attended:
263.13.1 – Clerk’s report on Correspondence received and meetings attended – Letter from a visitor who complained at Snowdrop Valley, writing to thank for the response received; Insurance renewal documents, needing clarification on value of assets including War Memorial.  Cllr Clarbull to review with Clerk; Have received copy of Local Plan; Have been in touch with other local councils re possible SALC training locally.  Cllr Webber advised may also be training available through ENPA; Letter from Cutcombe School re funding for School Garden
263.13.2 – Councillors’ report on correspondence received and meetings attended – Cllr Anson read a letter from Merchant Navy re Merchant Navy Day on 3rd September.  Cllr Norman will fly a flag.  Clerk to contact and advise.; Cllr Norman reported there will be an open day on 24 April for Exmoor electric vehicle charging points, to be held at the Rest and Be Thankful Inn.

263.14 Items for Next Agenda: None

Cllr Anson thanked Cllr Atkins, who is not standing for re-election, for her 13 years as a Councillor.  All Councillors agreed, citing Cllr Atkins’ enthusiasm, determination and particularly noting her work on progressing the toilets.  Cllr Atkins thanked all, and asked that it be noted she would like to continue to be part of the Toilet Working Group.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.40 pm.
The Annual Parish Council Meeting will be Tuesday 7th May at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.
The next Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 21st May 2019 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

All are welcome to all meetings

 


March 2019

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002