home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



 

Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 20th February 2018 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

AGENDA

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for Absence
  3. Declarations of interest
  4. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on the 12th December and any matters arising
  5. 5.1 Planning Applications: 6/8/18/101: Oaktrow Farm: on hold. 6/8/18/102: Watercombe House: proposed erection of Tree House (retrospective) 5.2 Other Planning Matters
  6. Highways Matters including Popery Lane, possible SIDS purchase and update on the water main replacement
  7. Parish Magazine
  8. Update on Wheddon Cross Toilets
  9. Finance: 9.1 To pay an invoice from Countrywide Grounds Maintenance for £1,117.94 for grass cutting (retrospective) 9.2 To pay the Moorland Hall £22 for room hire for November (retrospective) and £11.00 for December room hire and £33 for January room hire 9.3 To renew the subscription to the Society of Local Council Clerks (£72 reimburse Clerk) 9.4 To renew membership of the Somerset Association of Local Councils (£108.92) 9.5 To reimburse the Clerk £59.99 for renewal of annual subscription to Microsoft Office 9.6 To pay Eagle Plant £68.64 for hire of Heras Fencing at the toilets (to 31/01/18) 9.7 To pay SSE Electricity £23.01 for electricity standing charge at the toilets 9.8 To pay Harry Broadley for SV leaflet printing £195.60 and £509.30 for map leaflets
    9.9 To reimburse the Clerk for £196.80 paid to Printed4You for SV pens 9.10 To pay Active Signs £183.60 for the SV map signs
  10. Correspondence and meetings

10.1    Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended including
10.2    Councillors’ reports on meetings and correspondence
11       Items for the next Agenda

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.


Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 20th February 2018 at the Moorland Hall
Present: Councillors John Anson, Vivian White, Roger Webber, Linda Atkins, Eric Norman, John Davis,Eric Clarbull, Parish Clerk Marlene Allinson, County Cllr Frances Nicholson (left at 8.34pm), West Somerset Councillor Steven Pugsley (left at 8.45pm), Dan Barnett (ENPA) and five parishioners.
247.1   Public Question Time: (i) Snowdrop Valley: deterioration of the snowdrop display as compared to earlier years: a parishioner offered to prepare a “gardening” programme to improve; comments re mud and drainage (ii) Popery Lane: several parishioners expressed a preference for this being left undisturbed as it is an ancient track (iii) drains and blocked gulleys at Blagdon Cross reported and a request for progress on spending the balance of monies from the crossroads scheme.
The Chairman invited Dan Barnett to speak with regard to possible options to improve the slipperiness of Popery Lane (part of the Coleridge Way/Bridleway). Dan outlined the history and options available including cleaning, a handrail, a diversion path, cutting of hedges, scratching the surface to improve grip, and answered questions. It was agreed to invite Dan back to a PC meeting later in the year to discuss any progress made.
247.2   Apologies for Absence: none.
247.3   Declarations of Interest:


Councillor

Agenda Item

Nature of Interest

Description of Interest

Action Taken

White

5.1 Watercombe House

Prejudicial/ pecuniary

Applicant

Left the room for this item

Clarbull

9.1 & 9.2

Personal

Chairman of Moorland Hall

Minuted

Anson

9.1 & 9.2

Personal

Moorland Hall Trustee

Minuted

247.4   Minutes: The Minutes of the meetings held on the 12th December were approved and signed as a true record. Matters Arising: none.
247.5   247.5.1 Planning Applications: Cllr White left the room. 6/8/18/102 Watercombe House: Proposed erection of Tree House (retrospective). Reservations expressed re size and retrospective application, but sympathetic materials proposed and use of surrounding trees, good to see a safe area being provided for youngsters to play outdoors. Cllr White returned to the room. 247.5.2 Other Planning Matters: Raleigh Manor 6/8/17/112 Amended plans and description: no additional comments as missed agenda.
247.6   Highways: Water Main Replacement: road closure at the crossroads 8th March (5 weeks but hope to do main work over first weekend and then will be open with traffic lights). Proposed SIDS purchase:
Cllr Anson liaised with Exford PC who are keen to co-operate: the Clerk to investigate costs and bring a report to the April meeting. Hedge at Meadow Close: needs trimming: the Clerk to follow up with Magna Housing.
247.7   Parish Magazine: a working party has been formed, the Clerk to invite a representative to a Parish Council meeting to give an update on progress.
247.8   Wheddon Cross Toilets: Cllr Atkins reported on a meeting with the Chris Horne, builder, Cllr Anson, David Hancock and the Clerk and on an additional quote for extra works deemed necessary: support was given for her to progress this matter along with the provision of 2 hand drier units.
247.9   Finance: Approved to pay: 9.1 Invoice from Countrywide Grounds Maintenance for £1,117.94 for grass cutting (retrospective) 9.2 Moorland Hall £22 for room hire for November (retrospective) and £11.00 for December room hire and £33 for January room hire 9.3 Subscription to the Society of Local Council Clerks (£72 reimburse Clerk) 9.4 Annual membership of the Somerset Association of Local Councils (£108.92)
9.5
£59.99 for renewal of annual subscription to Microsoft Office (reimburse the Clerk)
9.6 Eagle Plant £68.64 for hire of Heras Fencing at the toilets (to 31/01/18) 9.7 SSE Electricity £23.01 for electricity standing charge at the toilets 9.8 Harry Broadley for SV leaflet printing £195.60 and £509.30 for map leaflets 9.9 Printed4You £196.80 for SV pens (reimburse the Clerk) 9.10 Active Signs £183.60 for the SV map signs
247.10 Correspondence and Meetings: 247.10.1 The Clerk reported that a drop-in session to help people to complete forms and ask questions re the housing survey has been arranged at The Rest & Be Thankful Inn on 22nd March from 3.30 to 7.30pm. 2018 Annual Parish Meeting of Electors: revised date: now Thursday 19th April 2018. 247.10.2 Nothing additional reported.
247.11 Items for the Next Agenda: Review of Clerk’s Salary and Contract.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 10.10 pm.

The next meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 20th March 2018 at at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

All are welcome to all meetings

 


2017 Archive 2016 Archive 2015 Archive 2012 Archive
2008 2009 Archive 2006 2007 Archive Annual Parish Meetings March 2018 April 2018 May 2018 June 2018
July 2018      


links

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002