home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



Return to www.wheddoncross.org.uk

Notice of the Ordinary Council Meeting – Tuesday 19 February 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

All Council Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Councillors, You are summoned to the Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 19 February 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall.

AGENDA
1. Public Question Time
2. Apologies for Absence
3. Declarations of interest
4. To approve the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 11 December 2018, and to approve the minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 8 January 2019, and any matters arising from the meetings
5. Reports from District and County Councillors
6. To consider Highways and transport matters including:
6.1 Parishioner’s letter about Long Lane
6.2 Update from SIDS working party
7. Planning Applications:
7.1 6/8/19/101: Allercott Farm - Proposed area for storing timber and associated equipment. Retrospective
7.2 Other Planning Matters
8. To discuss damage to War Memorial wall
9. To discuss publicising information on regulations for sewage treatment
10. To discuss actions required on the Bus Shelter
11. To receive an update from the Affordable Housing Working Group
12. To receive an update from the toilet working group on the letting of the business unit, and to formally accept the registration of the business unit address as “Tessera, Wheddon Cross Car Park, TA24 7DR”
13. Finance:
13.1 To pay the Moorland Hall £22.50 for December and January room hire
13.2 To reimburse the Clerk, Mrs N Kemp, £59.99 for Microsoft Office annual subscription, and £74.20 for SLCC membership
13.3 To retrospectively approve direct debit payments of £29.70 to Southern Electric for the toilets and £35 to ICO for annual registration fee
13.4 To review the grass cutting contract for the playing fields and additional areas
14. Correspondence and meetings
14.1 Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended
14.2 Councillors report on correspondence received and meetings attended
15. Items for the next Agenda

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 19 March 2019

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
13 February 2019

 

Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 19th February 2019 at the Moorland Hall

Present: Councillors John Anson (Chairman), Linda Atkins, Eric Clarbull, Eric Norman, Roger Webber, Vivian White, County Councillor Frances Nicholson, Parish Clerk Nic Kemp, and six parishioners.

260.1 Public Question Time: Items raised – (i) the responsibility for the maintenance of the section of Popery Lane from the junction with Lower Park Lane to the cattle grid; (ii) one snow plough being driven in a way causing snow to be sprayed over the front of multiple properties during the recent snowy weather; (iii) were Snowdrop Valley staff directing visitors to all catering facilities equally; (iv) can any further signs be added to Long Lane to prevent drivers following their sat-navs down it; (v) when can the County Councillor for Highways come to the village to look at the issues faced – could it be combined with a proposed visit to Exford?
Cllr Nicholson responded to (i), and advised she would meet with a resident separately to look at evidence from their sales documents
Cllr Anson responded to (ii) and has already raised a complaint with the depot
The Clerk responded to (iii)

260.2 Apologies for Absence: Councillor John Davis, West Somerset Councillor Steven Pugsley

260.3 Declarations of Interest:
Cllr Clarbull – Item 13.1 – Personal – Chairman of Moorland Hall
Cllr Webber – Item 10 – Personal – neighbor
Cllr Norman – Item 10 – Personal – neighbor
Cllr Anson – Item 13.1 – Personal – Trustee of Moorland Hall


260.4 Minutes of the previous meeting: The minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 11th December 2018 were approved as a true record. The minutes of the extraordinary meeting held on 8th January 2019 were approved as a true record.

260.5 Reports from County and District Councillors: Cllr Nicholson reported that precautionary salting routes and salt bags & bins are to be reviewed and many reinstated for 2019/20 as budget is currently being set. Gulley clearance will also be restored. Cllr Nicholson will meet with residents at Putham regarding the maintenance of Popery Lane to gather evidence.

260.6 Highways and Transport Matters:
260.6.1 – Long Lane – Cllr Nicholson reported that Highways had started the process to have the lane downgraded. Cllr Webber pointed out that this could cause further issues as the drainage would not be maintained once it was downgraded. Cllr Webber proposed (Cllr White sec) a site meeting with Highways officer, ENPA representative, councillors, residents and users, to agree way forward. Unanimously supported. Clerk to arrange with all parties for date in April.

Cllr Anson thanked Cllr Nicholson, who left the meeting.

260.6.2 – SIDS – Cllr Clarbull proposed (Cllr Webber sec) purchasing the Westcotech SIDS device (as used by SCC) at £2,625, plus 4 brackets, as well as Chapter 8 training, which Mr Foxwell has agreed to attend (booked for 4th March), and any additional equipment required following training as advised by Mr Foxwell. Unanimously agreed. Clerk to contact County Hall to claim funds prior to April deadline.

Cllr Anson thanked Cllr Clarbull for his efforts on the project.

260.12 Update from toilet working group on the business unit – item taken out of order to allow Cllr Atkins to report.
Cllr Atkins gave update on the progress of the unit, including the registration of the new address.

Cllr Atkins left the meeting.

260.8 Damage to War Memorial wall – item taken out of order while setting up projection for planning.
Clerk to contact school for details of delivery company who caused damage. Cllrs Webber and Clarbull to obtain quotes for repair.

260.7 Planning Applications:
260.7.1 6/8/19/101: Allercott Farm - Proposed area for storing timber and associated equipment. Retrospective Unanimously agreed - No objection.
260.7.2 Other planning matters - none

260.9 Regulations for sewage treatment: Clerk to include statement in next parish magazine article that new regulations for septic tanks come into force in January 2020.

260.10 Village Bus shelter: Cllr Anson reported that there was no electricity getting to the bus shelter, which was likely why the clock was not working. Cllr Webber to approach contractor who laid cable to confirm route, and request an electrician to confirm where supply began. No costs agreed at this point, and possibility of battery clock discussed.
Cllr Clarbull has begun work on the play area side of the shelter. Council to discuss replacing missing slates and ridge tiles once decision on electricity supply is made.

260.12 Update from Affordable Housing Working Group
Cllr White gave update on the working group. Current status is a call for land for possible building sites. Cllr Webber asked what the Council’s position on the need for housing was, and would the council support or pursue building within the parish. Clerk to add to next agenda.


260.13 Finance: It was agreed:
260.13.1 to pay The Moorland Hall £22.50 for December and January Room hire
260.13.2 to reimburse the Clerk, Mrs N Kemp, £59.99 for Microsoft Office annual subscription, and £74.20 for SLCC membership.
260.13.3 to retrospectively approve direct debit payments of £29.70 to Southern Electric for the toilets and £35 to ICO for annual registration fee
260.13.4 to refer the Grass Cutting contract to the Finance Committee for review
The Clerk also had bills for Water2Business (£196.88 for water supply to toilets) and Active Signs (£14.28 for sign for toilets) which it was agreed would be paid, and retrospectively approved at the March meeting

260.14 Correspondence and meetings:
260.14.1 The Clerk had received details of a national litter pick up. Clerk to contact the School. Clerk also reported that Snowdrop Valley was progressing well this year.
260.14.2 None

260.15 Items for next agenda: Parish, District and County elections, including Parish representatives for Exmoor National Park Authority; Annual Parish meeting; Affordable Housing

Next meeting – Tuesday 19 March 2019 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall

There being no other business the meeting closed at 10.30 pm. The next meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 19th March 2019 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

All are welcome to all meetings

April 2019

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002