home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



Return to
www.wheddoncross.org.uk/Parish Council

Notice of the Ordinary Council Meeting – Tuesday 18 June 2019
at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

All Council Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Councillors, You are summoned to the Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 18 June 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall.

AGENDA
1. Public Question Time
2. Apologies for Absence
3. Declarations of interest
4. To approve the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 21 May 2019, and the minutes from the extra-ordinary meeting held on 11 June 2019, and any matters arising from the meetings
5. Reports from District and County Councillors
6. To consider Highways and transport matters, including
6.1 Long Lane report from Highways
6.2 Popery Lane
6.3 Process for use of SIDS device
7. Planning Applications: - none received
7.1 Other Planning Matters
8. Finance:
8.1 To agree to pay SALC Affiliation fee £111.84
8.2 To agree to pay Moorland Hall £28.25 for April room hire
8.3 To agree to pay Mrs J Stephens c/o Cutcombe School £200 grant to Cutcombe School garden
8.4 To agree to pay Mrs N Kemp Clerk’s Salary £938.49 and expenses £122.83
8.5 To retrospectively agree to pay £709.74 to Came & Co for annual insurance
8.6 To retrospectively agree to pay £50 ex-gratia to West Somerset Advice Bureau in lieu of Internal Audit fee
9. To consider response to Rural Worker and Succession Farm Dwelling Guidance consultation
10. To review portfolio holders
11. To discuss the items raised at the Annual Parish Meeting:
11.1 Website and communication
11.2 Areas the Council can support within the community
11.3 Speeding traffic in Cutcombe
12. Correspondence and meetings
12.1 Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended
12.2 Councillors’ report on correspondence received and meetings attended
13. Items for the next Agenda

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 16 July 2019

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
12 June 2019

Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 18 June 2019 at the Moorland Hall

Present: Councillors John Anson (Chairman), Eric Clarbull, John Davis, Roger Foxwell, Eric Norman, Roger Webber, Vivian White, Co Cllr Frances Nicholson, SWT Cllr Steven Pugsley, Parish Clerk Nic Kemp, and 2 parishioners

Cllr Anson opened the meeting at 7.30pm

267.1 Public Question Time: (i) Representation made on Rural Worker and Succession Farm Dwelling Guidance document issued by Exmoor National Park de-valuing the main dwelling and stripping assets, thus affecting employment, wages and business.
(ii) Was any action taken over the snow plough about which complaints were raised in February?
Cllr Anson responded to (ii), apologising for not contacting the parishioner directly, and confirmed the driver had been spoken to.

Cllr Pugsley joined the meeting.

267.2 Apologies for Absence: None.

267.3 Declarations of Interest:
Cllr Clarbull – Item 8.2 – Personal – Chairman of Trustees of Moorland Hall
Cllr Webber – Item 9 – Personal – Owner of farming property
Cllr Foxwell – Item 6.3 / 8.2 – Personal – Trained SIDS operative / Trustee of Moorland Hall
Cllr Anson – Item 8.2 – Personal – Trustee of Moorland Hall

One parishioner left the meeting.

267.4 Minutes of the Previous Meeting: The minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 21 May 2019 were approved and signed by Cllr Anson as a true record. Matters arising: 265.8.1 Clerk confirmed that Mr Williams is not available to give presentation on options of Charitable Trust for Snowdrop Valley, but that he had provided info for Clerk to investigate further.
The minutes of the extra-ordinary meeting held on 11 June 2019 were approved and signed by Cllr Anson as a true record.

267.5 Reports from County and District Councillors: Cllr Nicholson advised she had not made any progress with Long Lane. Clerk to follow up with Cllr Nicholson. Popery Lane has been confirmed as not a highway, but there are markings for repair on it. Cllr Webber reported an ongoing problem with the drain at Bladgon Cross on the Dunkery Road. Cllr Nicholson will follow up.
Cllr Pugsley confirmed the ENPA parish reps as Mike Ellicott, Jeremy Holtom, Sarah Takle, Robin Milton and Vivian White. Nick Thwaites, Peter Pilkington, Marcus Cravis and Steven Pugsley are the District Council members. Exmoor Consultative Forum has been reviewed, and some recommendations made. Cllr White to respond to recommendations on behalf of the Council.
Cllr Nicholson and Cllr Webber to liaise over any support which can be given to Cutcombe School.

267.9 Rural Worker and Succession Farm Dwelling Guidance: Taken out of order to allow County and District Councillors to contribute.
Complex document – it was agreed to hold discussion for councillors to attend on Friday 21 June, to produce recommendations to be agreed at July meeting.

267.6 Highways and Transport Matters:
267.6.1 – Long Lane – Covered under reports from County Councillor
267.6.1 – Popery Lane – Covered under reports from County Councillor
267.6.3 – SIDS Device – Clerk to confirm to Highways dept that Council is ready to use the SIDS at the 2 agreed locations. Clerk also to confirm process for setting up agreed location in other parishes to allow SIDS device to be used in other areas.

Cllr Anson thanked Cllrs Nicholson and Pugsley, who then left the meeting.

267.7 Planning Applications: None received.
267.7.1 – Other Planning Matters – None

267.8 Finance: It was agreed to pay
267.8.1 – SALC Affiliation fee £111.84
267.8.2 – Moorland Hall £28.25 for April room hire
267.8.3 – Mrs J Stephens c/o Cutcombe School Garden £200 grant to the School Garden.
267.8.4 – Mrs N Kemp Clerk’s Salary £938.49 and expenses £122.83.
It was retrospectively agreed to pay:
267.8.5 – Came & Co £709.74 annual insurance
267.8.6 – West Somerset Advice Bureau £50 ex-gratia in lieu of Internal Audit fee

267.10 Portfolio Holders: Cllr Anson proposed Cllr Foxwell take over responsibility for Highways warden. Clerk to notify Highways.
Toilets Working Group to be Cllrs Clarbull, Foxwell and Anson (and the Clerk)
Cllr Anson to take on Prescription and Health
Finance Working Group to be Cllrs Clarbull, Norman and Webber
Cllrs Davis and White to jointly hold Housing
Cllrs Davis and Foxwell to jointly hold Youth and Leisure

Standards Committee still being put together. Clerk to ask Cllr Pugsley for update on this, and communicate with Amy Tregellas (Monitoring Officer)

267.11 Items raised at Annual Parish Meeting:
267.11.1 – Website and Communication – Clerk now has ability to update Parish Council pages of website. Road closures can be added for info.
267.11.2 – Areas Council can support within the Community – Possible ideas – road surfaces, hedge trimming, churchyard, driveways damaged by vehicles. Finance Group to propose ideas for future meeting
267.8.3 – Speeding traffic in Cutcombe – Clerk to apply to Highways for a further site in Cutcombe to position the SIDS.

Cllr Anson thanked Cllrs Clarbull, Foxwell and Webber for clearing the area behind the toilets.

267.12 Correspondence and Meetings:
267.12.1 – Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended – Clerk read out a letter from SSAFA on the 75th anniversary of VE day in 2020 and how councils can be involved. Also circulated an invite from Nigel Taylor to the Annual Civic Service.
267.12.2 – Councillors’ reports on correspondence received and meetings attended – Cllr Norman reported the Snowdrop Valley committee had proposed moving the dates one week earlier for 2020, the Clerk and Coordinator had allocated the specific jobs, tenders were being invited from bus companies, AtWest should be able to quote, and there was to be a photographic competition which would be advertised well before the scheme.

267.13 Items for Next Agenda: Report on Consultative Forum

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.50 pm. The next Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 16 July 2019 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

 

Notice of the Extra-ordinary Council Meeting – Tuesday 11 June 2019
at 7.00 pm in the Moorland Hall

All Council Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Councillors, You are summoned to the Extraordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 11 June 2019 at 7.00 pm in the Moorland Hall.

AGENDA

1 Public Question Time
2 Apologies for Absence
3 Declarations of interest
4 To agree the selection of the nominees to Exmoor National Park Authority as Parish Members
5 To receive update from the Toilet Working Group and consider and approve their recommendations for:
5.1 installation of a water meter
5.2 additional improvements to outside door
5.3 installation of an additional vent

Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday 18 June 2019 at 7.30


Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
4 June 2019

Minutes of the Extra-ordinary Parish Council Meeting held at 7.00pm on Tuesday 11 June 2019 at the Moorland Hall

Present: Councillors John Anson (Chairman), Eric Clarbull, John Davis, Roger Foxwell, Eric Norman, Roger Webber, Vivian White, and Parish Clerk Nic Kemp.

Cllr Anson opened the meeting at 7.05pm

266.1 Public Question Time: None.

266.2 Apologies for Absence: None.

266.3 Declarations of Interest:
Cllr Webber – Item 5 – Personal – Property overlooks site
Cllr Norman – Item 5 – Personal – Owns adjoining property

266.4 Selection of nominees to Exmoor National Park Authority: It was unanimously agreed to vote for Vivian White, Mike Ellicott, Sarah Takle, Kevin Connell and Duncan McCanlis. Council discussed concerns over the process for replacing a parish member if they stand down at any point through their term, and also the dissemination of information before and during the election of the Parish Members.

266.5 Update from the Toilet Working Group: To improve facilities for letting, it was agreed that the Toilet Working Group would:
266.5.1 install a water meter (on the internal supply)
266.5.2 carry out work to prevent water ingress under and around door
266.5.3 install an additional vent in the unit and block up the internal vent to the service area.
Estimated costs for the work to be no more than £100 in total.


There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.00 pm. The next Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 18 June 2019 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.


Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002