home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



 

Annual Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 16th May 2017 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

AGENDA

  1. Election of Chairman and Receipt of Chairman’s Declaration
    of Acceptance of Office
  2. Election of Vice-Chairman
  3. Public Question Time
  4. Apologies for Absence
  5. Declarations of interest
  6. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 18th April 2017 and any matters arising
  7. 7.1 Planning Applications: 6/8/17/103 St John's Church, Cutcombe: Proposed refurbishment and extension of existing church path (Re-submission of approved scheme 6/8/16/111) to extend tarmac surfacing to cover a further 19 metres of the previously approved path. 6/8/17/104: Brake Cottage, Wheddon Cross to Bridgetown Road, Exton: Proposed installation of a telecommunications pole and ancillary equipment (12m high timber telegraph pole above ground, supporting radio equipment and cabinet) 7.2 Other Planning Matters:
  8. To consider highways and transport matters
  9. Update on the Purchase and Refurbishment of Wheddon Cross Toilets
  10. To discuss the possibility of an Affordable Housing Needs Survey for Cutcombe and neighbouring parishes
  11. Update on Snowdrop Valley Co-ordinator Vacancy
  12. Finance: 12.1 To note the Internal auditor’s report 12.2 To pay the internal auditor Derek Bott £70 12.3 To consider, approve and sign the Annual Governance Statement for 2016/17 12.4 To consider, approve and sign the Accounting Statements for 2016/17 12.5 To reimburse Cllr Anson £16.50 for key cutting for the Wheddon Cross toilets 12.6 Retrospective agreement for payment of £30 to the Moorland Hall for hall hire
  13. Correspondence and meetings 13.1 Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended 13.2 Councillors’ reports on meetings and correspondence
  14. Items for the next Agenda

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 16th May 2017 at the Moorland Hall
Present: Councillors John Anson, Vivian White, Eric Clarbull, Linda Atkins, and Eric Noman, Parish Clerk Marlene Allinson, Somerset County Councillor Frances Nicholson and two parishioners.
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and congratulated Cllr Nicholson on her election success.
A parishioner commented that it is very encouraging to see that both County and District Councillors regularly attend Parish Council meetings. Cllr Nicholson reported that she will retain the children’s
work portfolio.

238.1   Election of Chairman and Receipt of Chairman’s Declaration of Office: one nomination received: Cllr John Anson: prop Cllr Atkins, sec Cllr Norman: Cllr Anson was unanimously re-elected as Chairman and signed his Declaration of Office form.
238.2   Election of Vice-Chairman: one nomination received: Cllr White: prop Cllr Anson, sec Cllr Clarbull, Cllr White uninamously re-elected as Vice-Chairman.
238.3   Public Question Time: 1) A request that presentations come before PQT in future PC meetings;
2) complaint re signs being obscured by vegetation; 3) broken fingerpost at the top of Draper’s Way traffic often missing the sign to Dunkery Beacon; 4) flooding outside Steadway Farm.
238.4   Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Roger Webber and John Davis; West Somerset Councillor Steven Pugsley
238.5   Declarations of Interest:


  1. Councillor

    Agenda Item

    Nature of Interest

    Description of Interest

    Action Taken

    Norman

    9

    Prejudicial

    Owner of the car park

    Left the room for the discussion

    Anson

    12.5
    12.6

    Personal
    Personal

    Purchased keys
    Moorland Hall Trustee

    Minuted
    Minuted

    Clarbull

    12.6

    Personal

    Trustee of the Moorland Hall

    Minuted

    238.6   Minutes: The Minutes of the meeting held on the 18th April 2017 were approved and signed as a true record. Matters Arising: 235.1 The Clerk has spoken to Torbay Development Agency to report the toxic bonfires at the market site: they will contact their tenants; details also forwarded to the parishioner. If they continue Environmental Health & ENPA can be approached if a planning restriction applies. 237.1 The Clerk had been in touch with ENPA and forwarded an update re AirBand to the parishioner.
    238.7   238.7.1 Planning Applications: 6/8/17/103 St John's Church, Cutcombe: Proposed refurbishment and extension of existing church path (Re-submission of approved scheme 6/8/16/111) to extend tarmac surfacing to cover a further 19 metres of the previously approved path: fully supported.
    524
    6/8/17/104: Brake Cottage, Wheddon Cross to Bridgetown Road, Exton: Proposed installation of a telecommunications pole and ancillary equipment (12m high timber telegraph pole above ground, supporting radio equipment and cabinet): fully supported. 238.7.2 Other Planning Matters: None.
    238.8   Highways Matters: Blagdon Lane to Round House Road Closure: 12/06/17 for 26 days: Cllr Anson reported that the road will be totally closed inc evenings & weekends for 5 days from 12/06/2016. Flooding outside Steadway Farm: Cllr Nicholson to talk to Highways again. Renewal of Water Main: still scheduled for October 2017: Cllr Anson requested that a Cllr attend all meetings relating to road closures to ensure local input. Vegetation overgrowth: at the request of Cllr Anson Highways have strimmed on the Winsford/Dulverton Road and at the crossroads; Cllrs Clarbull & Webber have strimmed around the village.
    238.9 Wheddon Cross Toilets: Cllr Noman left the room. Cllr Atkins reported that she and Cllr Anson had met with Council’s solicitor: awaiting re-drafting of documents re purchase. The Clerk reported that she had met with David Hancock who has prepared the planning application and tender documents. It was agreed that tenders will not be sought until the legal work has concluded to Council’s satisfaction. Keys to the toilets and the fencing are with Cllr Norman and Cllr Anson. Cllr Anson signed the letter of acceptance to ENPA re funding from the Partnership Fund. Cllr Norman returned to the room.
    238.10 Affordable Needs Housing Survey for Cutcombe: It was agreed that the Clerk contact Sue Southwell with a view to her approaching neighbouring parishes for a joint survey to be carried out by the Community Council for Somerset: Cutcombe PC requests input into the survey questions.
    238.11 Update on Snowdrop Valley Co-ordinator Vacancy: The Steering Group recommended the appointment of Terrie Fowler: unanimously approved by Council.
    238.12 Finance: 12.1 The Internal auditor’s report noted: nothing found which needs to be brought to Council’s attention 12.2 It was agreed to pay the internal auditor Derek Bott £70 12.3 The Annual Governance Statement for 2016/17 was considered and approved 12.4 The Accounting Statements for 2016/17 were considered and approved 12.5 It was agreed to reimburse Cllr Anson £16.50 for key cutting for the Wheddon Cross toilets 12.6 Retrospective agreement for payment of £30 to the Moorland Hall for hall hire approved. 12.7 It was agreed to purchase a projector to replace the one stolen.
    238.13 Correspondence and Meetings: 13.1 The Clerk reported on the Snowdrop Valley meeting: two new steering group members to be actively sought. 13.2 No further reports or correspondence.
    238.14 Items for the Next Agenda: Wheddon Cross Toilets; Retrospective agreement for payments: £27.50 to the Moorland Hall for room hire; £424.26 to Came & Company for annual insurance premium; £220 to David Hancock for toilet planning & tender documents; Who will do the work that the Parish Lengthsman used to do?; Portfolio holders update; section 137 requests.

    There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.00 pm.

    The next meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Thursday 22nd June 2017 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

    All are welcome to all meetings


Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

2016 Archive 2015 Archive 2014 Archive
2006 2007 Archive Annual Parish Meetings February 2017 March 2017 April 2017 June 2017 July 2017
August 2017 September 2017 October 2017 November 2017 December 2017    


links

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002