home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



Return to www.wheddoncross.org.uk

Notice of the Ordinary Council Meeting – Tuesday 19 November 2019
at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

All Council Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Councillors, You are summoned to the Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council to be held on Tuesday 19 November 2019 at 7.30 pm in the Moorland Hall.

AGENDA
1. Public Question Time
2. Apologies for Absence
3. Declarations of interest
4. To approve the minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 16 October 2019 and any outstanding actions from the meeting
5. Reports from District and County Councillors
6. To consider Highways and transport matters, including
6.1 Long Lane
6.2 Popery Lane
6.3 Road closure – Exford to Simonsbath
6.4 Accident at Roundwater
6.5 Other Highway and transport matters
7. Planning Applications: -
7.1 6/8/19/105: 3 Barnes Cottage, Lower Park Lane, Cutcombe - Proposed single storey rear extension and first floor side extension
7.2 HRN 19/03: Old Stowey Farm, Wheddon Cross - Hedgerow removal notice for the removal of one section of 5m hedgerow to allow access into field
7.3 6/34/19/113: West Harwood Farm, Timberscombe, Minehead - Proposed 15m monopole mast and associated equipment together with the creation of new access track
7.4 Other Planning Matters
8. To receive update from Snowdrop Valley Committee:
9. Finance:
9.1 To receive update from Finance Committee, and consider recommendations including
9.1.1 Consider whether to pledge financial support to DSFRS
9.1.2 Consider ownership/management of village website
9.1.3 Consider funding and supporting Moorland Hall for roof replacement
9.1.4 Other recommendations
9.2 To consider proposed budget
9.3 To receive update on toilets and letting of business unit
9.4 To agree to pay Countrywide Grounds Maintenance £1,531.50 for grass cutting for second half year
9.5 To agree to pay Moorland Hall £22.50 for October room hire
10. To consider a response to the Rural Worker and Succession Farm Dwelling Consultation final draft
11. To consider content to be published in Across Exmoor regarding Land Registry
12. To consider a response to the Policing Survey
13. To receive a summary of the Glover Report
14. Correspondence and meetings
14.1 Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended
14.2 Councillors’ report on correspondence received and meetings attended
15. Items for the next Agenda – VE Day 2020 arrangements

Date of next meeting: Tuesday 10 December 2019


Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
13 November 2019

DRAFT Minutes of the Ordinary Parish Council Meeting held at 7.30pm on Tuesday 19 November 2019 at the Moorland Hall

Present: Councillors John Anson (Chairman), Roger Foxwell, Eric Norman, Roger Webber, Vivian White, SWaT Cllr Steven Pugsley (part of meeting), PCSO Bryan Stevens, and Parish Clerk Nic Kemp

Cllr Anson opened the meeting at 7.30pm

272.1 Public Question Time: PC Stevens spoke on the proposed mast addressing non-spots in the emergency services coverage, and noted that it is not for public use.

272.2 Apologies for Absence: Cllrs Eric Clarbull, John Davis, and Co Cllr Frances Nicholson. Cllr Anson noted that Cllr Pugsley was absent.

272.3 Declarations of Interest:
Cllr Foxwell - item 9.1.3 and 9.5 – Trustee of Moorland Hall
Cllr Anson - item 9.1.3 and 9.5 – Trustee of Moorland Hall

272.4 Minutes of the Previous Meeting: The minutes of the ordinary meeting held on 15 October 2019 were approved and signed by Cllr Anson as a true record. Outstanding actions not covered by the agenda – 271.10 Clerk reported that SWaT had no format of registering Parish Councils to impose fines, but had sent through details of the Dog Warden.

272.5 Reports from District and County Councillors: PCSO Stevens reported on the latest crime figures and advised that he will attend Council meetings when possible. Cllrs Norman and Webber raised concerns over social media reporting and lack of communication with residents.
Cllr Pugsley joined the meeting at 7.40pm
Cllr Anson thanked PC Stevens who left the meeting at 7.45pm
Cllr Pugsley gave short summary of the Glover Report. Due to be discussed at Forum meeting rescheduled to 17 December. Cllr Pugsley will report back to ENPA concerns of Councillors that not everyone who may have an interest will be at the Forum meeting. Cllr Pugsley also reported on a fly tipping concern where rubbish was found to contain personal details, and is raising within the Council to address lack of action in following up.

272.6 To consider Highways and Transport Matters including:
271.6.1 – Long Lane – Cllr Anson read report from Cllr Nicholson, who is continuing to liaise with officers. Clerk reported lack of any responses from Highways on any matters. Cllr Webber prop (Cllr Norman sec) writing to ENPA requesting the four SCC Councillor members to apply pressure and follow up with Highways. Unanimously agreed. Clerk to action.
271.6.2 – Popery Lane – Cllr Nicholson’s report detailed this has been designated as a link section of road, so is unadopted but will be inspected and maintained as required. Clerk to inform resident and detail in Parish Magazine.
271.6.3 – Road Closure – Exford to Simonsbath - Cllr Nicholson’s report detailed the closure would definitely be lifted by 22/11, and possibly by 21/11. Councillors concerned over diversion routes, placement of inappropriate signs, lack of consultation over major road closures. Cllr Foxwell stated would like to see County Councillor for Highways visit area.
271.6.4 – Accident at Roundwater – Cllrs Anson and Foxwell met Higway Warden – Cllr Hickman from Exford Parish Council. Cllr Foxwell to provide photos to Cllr Hickman and liaise on recommendations.
271.6.5 – Other Highway and transport matters – Cllr Foxwell queried access to the data collected by the box on the B3224 – Council does not have access. Road Survey was carried out in Cutcombe, with no communication with Council. SIDS – Clerk has raised queries on the contract, and has not yet received a response. Clerk recommended delaying signing the contract until these have been addressed – noted as another delay with response from Highways. Cllr Foxwell has copy of hedge cutting requirements. Cllr Foxwell to contact Cllr Nicholson prior to contacting Leader of the Council regarding all concerns.

272.7 Planning Applications:
271.7.1 – 6/8/19/105 – 3 Barnes Cottage, Lower Park Lane, Cutcombe – Proposed single storey rear extension and first floor side extension. Cllr Webber prop (Cllr White sec) support. Unanimously agreed
271.7.2 – HRN 19/03 – Old Stowey Farm, Wheddon Cross – Hedgerow removal notice for the removal of one section of 5m hedgerow to allow access into field. Cllr Webber prop support. Unanimously agreed.
271.7.3 – 6/34/19/113 – West Harwood Farm, Timberscombe, Minehead – Proposed 15m monopole mast and associated equipment together with the creation of new access track. Cllr Webber prop (Cllr White sec) support, wanting the mast to serve the not spots of the parish for commercial users as well as the emergency services. Unanimously agreed.
271.7.4 – Other Planning Matters – None

272.8 Update from Snowdrop Valley Committee: Cllr Norman reported progress from the meeting of 12 November, and proposed (Cllr White sec) that the Committee allow a taxi service to operate during the weeks when buses are not running as a trial for one year, with the operator charging £6 per person, with £1 per person being paid to the Snowdrop Valley scheme. Agreed 4 in favour, 1 against.

272.9 Finance:
272.9.1 – to receive update from the Finance Committee and consider recommendations, including:
272.9.1.1 Consider whether to pledge financial support to DSFRS – review due mid-January, so decision deferred to February meeting.
272.9.1.2 Consider ownership/management of village website – Clerk to continue to liaise with current manager.
272.9.1.3 Consider funding and supporting Moorland Hall for roof replacement – Cllr Webber prop (Cllr Norman sec) awarding a grant of £3,000 to the Moorland Hall roof (total cost anticipated circa £25,000). Unanimously agreed. Cllr Webber prop (Cllr Norman sec) the Council being prepared to underwrite up to £5,000 if required, for a period to be negotiated, in circumstances where any payments needed to be made before other secured grant funding was made available. Unanimously agreed. Clerk to action.
272.9.1.4 Other recommendations – Storage unit at back of toilets – quote received for building, but additional cost for flooring. It was agreed to wait until any work to cut back overgrowth had taken place.
272.9.3 – To receive update on toilets and letting of business unit – taken ahead of budget for information. Cllr Anson reported two interested parties. Both advised to contact agent – awaiting response from agent. Cllrs Anson and Foxwell to obtain quotes for work required to unit – plumbing, electrician and door replacement.
272.9.2 – to consider proposed budget. Cllr Webber prop leaving precept unchanged for 2020/21. Unanimously agreed. Clerk to post notification on noticeboard. Council to ratify at December meeting.
272.9.4 – It was agreed to pay Countrywide Grounds Maintenance £1,531.50 for grass cutting for second half of year. Clerk to confirm with Moorland Hall if they are happy with the cutting programme.
272.9.5 – It was agreed to pay Moorland Hall £22.50 for October room hire.

272.10 To consider response to Rural Worker and Sucession Farm Dwelling Consultation final draft: Clerk to respond – Council are disappointed that some of their, and other responders, key points were not included in the report. They feel the document needs to be friendly and rural worker accommodation needs to be fit for purpose, ie able to attract families to the area.

Cllr Anson thanked Cllr Pugsley who left the meeting at 9.40pm

272.11 To consider content to be published in Across Exmoor regarding Land Registry: Clerk to submit paragraph recommending all landowners check their land is registered.

272.12 To consider response to Policing Survey: Report from presented under 272.5. It was agreed no further action required.

272.13 To receive summary of the Glover report: Cllr White had previously circulated a summary.

272.14 Correspondence and meetings:
272.14.1 – Clerk’s report on correspondence received and meetings attended – all distributed by email. Clerk has received two contacts by post – will place in noticeboard.
272.14.2 – Councillors’ reports on correspondence received and meetings attended – Forum meeting re-scheduled to 17 December. Cllr White reported ENPA field services are behind on general work due to staff shortages. Cllr Foxwell reported Moorland Hall are planning to hold a Community lunch on 27 December.

272.15 Items for Next Agenda: VE Day 2020 arrangements

Date of the Next Meeting was confirmed as Tuesday 10 December at 7.30pm.

There being no other business the meeting closed at 9.52pm.
The next Ordinary Meeting of Cutcombe Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 10 December 2019 at 7.30pm in the Moorland Hall.

All are welcome to all meetings

 

April 2019

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002