home businesses services virtual walk what's on clubs church history snowdrop valley things to do photo gallery



Return to www.wheddoncross.org.uk/Parish Council

Notice of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Committee Meeting – Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

All Committee Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Members
You are summoned to the Meeting of the Snowdrop Valley Committee to be held on
Tuesday 21 May 2019 at 6.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

Agenda
1. Election of Chairman
2. Public Question Time
3. Apologies for absence
4. Declarations of Interest
5. To approve the Minutes of the meeting held on 19 March 2019 and any Matters Arising
6. To discuss committee membership from active organisations
7. To consider options for the Photographic Competition
8. To consider potential sponsors
9. To consider options for provision of bus service
10. To consider suggestions for improvements to the Market parking
11. Items for next agenda
12. Date of next meeting

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
15 May 2019

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Committee Meeting Tuesday 8 January 2019 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

All Committee Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Dear Members
You are summoned to the Meeting of the Snowdrop Valley Committee to be held on Tuesday 8 January 2019 at 6.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

Agenda

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for absence
  3. Declarations of Interest
  4. Minutes of the Last Meeting and Any Matters Arising
  5. Budget
  6. Leaflets, maps and merchandise
  7. Signs, layout and setting up
  8. Path clearance/maintenance/info boards in the valley
  9. Risk Assessment
  10. Publicity
  11. Staff
  12. Terms of Reference
  13. Photography Competition
  14. Items for next agenda
  15. Date of next meeting

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder,Health and Safety, and Human Rights.    

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
02 January 2019

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Committee Meeting – Tuesday 11 December 2018 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

All Committee Meetings are open to members of the public and the press

Agenda

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for absence
  3. Declarations of Interest
  4. Minutes of the Last Meeting and Any Matters Arising
  5. Budget
  6. Snowdrop Valley Coordinator
  7. Leaflets and maps Merchandise
  8. Paths and Clearance in the Valley
  9. Staff
  10. Publicity
  11. Signs
  12. Access to the Valley
  13. Terms of Reference
  14. Items for next agenda
  15. Date of next meeting

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.    

Minutes of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 11 December 2018 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

Present: Cllr Eric Norman (Chairman), Cllr John Anson, Roger Foxwell, Jim Winzer, Amanda Hamley (Snowdrop Valley Coordinator) and Nic Kemp (Parish Clerk).

Public Question Time: None

Apologies for absence: None.  Cllr Norman welcomed Mr Winzer to the committee and Ms Hamley as the Snowdrop Valley Coordinator.

Declarations of Interest: Cllr Norman personal interest - owner of business sponsoring Snowdrop Valley.

Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters Arising: Minutes of the meeting held on 20 November 2018 were signed as a true and accurate record.

Budget: Clerk had distributed draft budget.  Added in costs of £250 for signs, £300 for merchandise and £100 for additional printing, including maps.  Reduced sponsorship income to £750.  Budget to be passed to next Parish Council meeting for ratification.

Snowdrop Valley Coordinator: Amanda Hamley has taken on the role.

Leaflets and Maps: Clerk distributed the draft leaflets from the printers.  Amendments suggested to details on front page.  All sponsors detailed in centre of leaflet.

Merchandise: Mr Winzer suggested some of the older cards could be given away to visitors as they were difficult to sell.  Clerk, Coordinator and Mr Winzer to check stock and assess if additional stock is needed.

Paths and Clearance in the Valley: Coordinator, Cllr Norman and Mr Foxwell to visit valley Friday 21 December to confirm any additional requirements, and carry out risk assessment  Mr Foxwell has checked all Walks to the valley and spoken to ENPA Ranger.

Staff: Clerk has one new staff member.  Coordinator and Clerk to look at rotas and staff numbers to incorporate the additional shifts.  One person will be required on duty in the car park each day throughout Snowdrop Valley.  Clerk to ask ENPA if the trailer is available for shelter.  Cllr Norman to ask local shoots if they have walkie talkies we can borrow so staff can keep in touch.

Publicity: In hand.  Clerk confirmed Marlene Allinson – former clerk – produced the additional posters for Snowdrop Valley.

Signs: Clerk and Coordinator to visit lockup by Sports Pavillion to assess requirements.

Access to the Valley: Clerk has received enquiry from AtWest regarding if they can continue to operate their group visits to Snowdrop Valley, requesting a pass and donating £1 per passenger to drive their own bus into the valley while the park and ride service is not operating.  It was agreed they could continue to do this.

Terms of Reference: Clerk circulated Draft Terms of Reference for the Snowdrop Valley Committee which will be discussed and agreed at the next Parish Council meeting. Items for the Next Agenda: Road sweeping

Date of Next Meeting: 8th January 2019 – at 6.30pm at the Moorland Hall.  Also to be a Staff Meeting
The meeting closed at 7.30 pm

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
04 December 2018

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notice of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Steering Group Meeting – Tuesday 20 November 2018 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

All Committee Meetings are open to members of the public and the press
Dear Members
You are summoned to the Meeting of the Snowdrop Valley Steering Group to be held on Tuesday 20th November 2018 at 6.30 pm in the Moorland Hall

Agenda

  1. Public Question Time
  2. Apologies for absence
  3. Declarations of Interest
  4. Minutes of the Last Meeting and Any Matters Arising
  5. Revised format of scheme
  6. Budget
  7. Bus Contract
  8. Paths and Clearance in the Valley
  9. Signs
  10. Leaflets and maps
  11. Publicity
  12. Snowdrop Valley Coordinator
  13. Any Other Business
  14. Date of next meeting

    Minutes of the Snowdrop Valley 2019 Committee Meeting held on Tuesday 20 November 2018 at 6.30pm in the Moorland Hall

    Present: Cllr Eric Norman (Chairman), Cllr John Anson, Roger Foxwell, Nic Kemp (Parish Clerk) and one parishioner.

    1. Public Question Time: None
    2. Apologies for absence: Vicky Kirby, Jim Winzer
    3. Declarations of Interest: None
    4. Minutes of the Last Meeting and Matters Arising: Minutes of the meeting held on 18 September 2018 were signed as a true and accurate record.
    5. Revised format of scheme: As agreed by the Council, due to increased running costs, the adverts in the leaflet will be increased in price, car parking will be charged at the Farmers Market, and the walks to the valley with be sponsored. New committee members are required.  Jim Winzer – who works on Snowdrop Valley – is interested in joining the committee, but unable to come to this meeting.
    6. Bus Contract: Chairman changed order of items due to time constraints.  Cllr Anson signed the bus contract with Taunton Minibuses.
    7. Paths and Clearance in the Valley: Cllr Norman thanked Roger Foxwell on the work carried out in the valley.  Mr Foxwell recomended a site visit to establish any further work required.  Cllr Norman and Mr Foxwell to visit during w/c 26 November, and to inform Badgworthy Land Co prior to any works commencing.  Additional stakes along path required and benches by gate need attention.  Clerk to contact ENPA for these works.
    8. Signs: ENPA Ranger Ione Wilcox has taken the sign from the valley to have it rebuilt by Field Services team.
      The parishioner left the meeting.
    9. Leaflets and Maps: Leaflets need to be with printers by 6 December.  This gives restricted time to obtain sponsors and sell adverts.  Cllr Norman to assist Clerk with outstanding requirements during 1st week of December.
    10. Budget: Ticket process to be left as last year – Return trips: Adult £6, Senior £5, Children £2.  Single (from valley only) Adult or Senior £3, Children £2.Clerk to prepare budget and distribute to committee.
    11. Publicity: Cllr Norman has been in touch with Martin Hesp re articles in Gazette and Western Morning News.  Exmoor Magazine will include a feature in Spring issue.  Clerk to confirm with printers re posters printed in previous years.
    12. Snowdrop Valley Coordinator: Clerk to arrange interviews with all applicants straight after closing date (30 November 2018).
    13. Any Other Business: Items for next agenda - Merchandise.
    14. Date of next Meeting: 11 December at 6.30pm.

    The meeting closed at 7.30 pm

Members are reminded that the Council has a general duty to consider the following matters in the exercise of any of its functions: Equal Opportunities (race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status and any disability), Crime and Disorder, Health and Safety, and Human Rights.    

N J Kemp, Parish Clerk
13 November 2018

 RETURN TO PARISH COUNCIL HOME PAGE  

Site created by the Wheddon Cross Community copyright 2002